Myerstown, PA, Tulpehocken Township, Berks County.
Red Barn Consulting assisted with the NPDES Storm Water permit, site layout and the Erosion and Sediment Control Plan needed for earth disturbance associated with this project. Red Barn's dairy team of consultants and CADD designers worked with the farmer to discuss the project layout and finalize the site plan. They also communicated with the county, township and DEP to submit the site layout and accompanied stormwater control plan needed to fulfill the requirements of the NPDES Permit.
The dairy expansion consisted of a 40’ X 114’ milking center, 70’ X 371’ free stall barn, 12’ X 150’ calf barn, 12’ X 204’ sand settling lane with adjoining 38’ X 180’ sand stacking area, 14’ deep X 120’ diameter concrete manure storage tank, gravel driveway and turnaround areas, and stormwater management controls. The site was visited by Jeff Ainslie of Red Barn Consulting, Inc. and a topographic site survey was performed on June 26, 2014. Evin and Deborah performed the construction stakeout in April of 2015.
Erosion and Sediment Control: An Erosion and Sediment Control Plan and NPDES Stormwater Permit have been prepared for this project. E & S controls will consist of the following:
- A rock construction entrance will be installed at the entrance to the site.
- A diversion waterway will divert upslope runoff around the site.
- Compost filter sock and silt fence will filter sediment-laden runoff from the project site.
- Swales and waterways will be lined with erosion control matting and stabilized.
- Permanent seeding or gravel will be used to stabilize all disturbed areas.